I found these potatoes on Pinterest a few weeks ago and this is already my second time making them. They are absolutely delicious! I originally found the recipe here and I knew they would be my first post about new March recipes!
These potatoes are extremely easy to make and pretty hard to mess up. They would go great alongside steak. Tonight we had them with blackened tilapia and broccoli and last week we had them with baked “fried” chicken (another new March recipe but it didn’t come out quite right so I think I’ll try it again). I love how crispy they are on the outside but are like a baked potato on the inside.
(Pardon my dirty pan – clearly I need to try this pin)
Seasoned Smashed Potatoes:
*I’m not putting down amounts for ingredients – just season to taste and use as many potatoes as you need!
- Red potatoes (about 1-2 per person)
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Sea salt
- Herbs such as thyme, rosemary, sage, etc
- Boil potatoes in salted water until easily poked with a fork (about 20-25 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Spray a cooking sheet with cooking spray or coat with olive oil
- Place potatoes on sheet, leaving room between each potato
- Smash potatoes with a potato masher
- Drizzle or brush on olive oil
- Season with sea salt (or regular salt, though I prefer the texture of the large sea salt crystals for these), pepper, and herbs (I used thyme here)
- Place potatoes in oven and cook until golden brown and cripsy – about 20 minutes
- Serve immediately